Academic Programs and Services

Pace Brantley Preparatory School has been changing lives for over 50 years. Students often come to us with a lack of confidence and low self esteem. After being at Pace, a new learning experience begins. They soon become happy, self assured individuals who excel academically and socially.


Pace Brantley serves students whose priority need stems from academic difficulties. Our focus is to work with students having diagnosed disabilities such as:

  • Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD)
  • Expressive/Receptive Language Disorder
  • Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia
  • Autism Spectrum Disorder (High Function)

In addition, we serve ‘struggling learners’ who may not fall into these categories, but have a diagnosed learning disability.


Pace Brantley Preparatory School provides:

  • A full academic curriculum
  • Small student/teacher ratios
  • Orton-Gillingham program
  • Therapeutic support programs
  • The latest in educational techniques and technology
  • Confidence building skills to all students.

Pace Brantley Preparatory School offers two tracks for high school students: college-bound and general track.

All high school students graduate, with 85 percent going on to post-secondary institutions at multiple colleges and universities. The remaining 15 percent of graduates enter a vocational program and/or join the workforce.


We believe in a wrap around approach to education, which provides continuous and consistent services that support students and families.



Orton-Gillingham is a “multisensory” approach to teaching reading, which is considered highly effective for teaching students with dyslexia and other learning differences.

Instructors use sight, hearing, touch and movement to help students connect language with letters and words.

All students in grades 1st-9th entering Pace Brantley are assessed to determine if this level of intervention is warranted. Based on our assessment process, students are placed in this specialized program, if they meet the criteria.

Therapeutic Support Services

Pace Brantley Preparatory School offers therapeutic support services on campus.

Therapists can provide one-on-one services and may also push into the classrooms for additional support.

Pace Brantley Preparatory also has two full-time mental health counselors on staff supporting the school community’s social and emotional well-being.




Supportive Technology

All classrooms are equipped with instructional tools such as Interactive Smartboards and/or Apple TVs, iPads, and Sound Field Amplification Systems.

The Sound Field Amplification Systems help amplify the teacher’s voice, giving all students a level auditory playing field.


Thinking Maps

Thinking Maps are visual patterns linked directly to eight specific thought processes. 

We utilize this program school-wide to provide a common visual language in all classrooms, which allows students to easily transfer and continuously develop thinking processes across curricular areas and grade levels.

Pace Brantley Preparatory School is featured in a case study on the success of using Thinking Maps.

Click here to read the article.

Lively Letters

Lively Letters is a dynamic phonemic awareness approach, it combines phonology and phonics to improve reading and spelling in English.

Students learn to recognize phonemes (sounds), to read and spell words correctly.

IXL Math Subscription

IXL’s math skills are aligned to the Florida B.E.S.T. Standards for Mathematics and provides a comprehensive coverage of math concepts and applications.

With IXL’s state standards alignments, students and teachers can easily find unlimited practice problems specifically tailored to each required standard.

IXL automatically tracks student progress and displays proficiency score reports, which allow teachers to quickly evaluate student aptitude and identify trouble spots.



FLEX stands for Focused Learning Experience.

FLEX time was developed to help our students explore and learn outside of the state mandated curriculum. Students are given the opportunity to choose among many different topics to explore. Students participate in approximately ten 3-week rotations throughout the year.

FLEX does not require grades or homework. Our goal is to foster our students’ love for learning and give them the opportunity to study and explore varying topics outside of the more structured curriculum.